A: The average elevation in Arlington Place is 21 feet above sea level.
A: Almost all of Arlington Place is above base flood elevations, but we always recommend talking to your bank and builder before making a decision.
A: Arlington Place is approximately 928 acres.
A: HOA dues are $1,200 annually for a home and $900 annually for an undeveloped lot.
A: Yes. Owner financing is available for up to 5 developer-owned lots per year.
A: The gate is open in the morning and closed at night. All owners choose their personalized gate code and are given a gate remote.
A: The pool is available to all owners and renters from early May to mid October, from 9:00am to 9:00pm.
A: Arlington Place is approximately 4 miles from the Minnesott Beach ferry, 12 miles from Oriental, 22 miles from New Bern and 15 miles from Havelock.
A: The nearest hospital is in New Bern, about a 30-minute drive.
A: The Arapahoe Charter School, serving students in K-12, is located right across the street from Arlington Place! Children also have the option of going to Pamlico County Schools, located in Bayboro.
A: Lot sizes at Arlington Place are 1/2 acre+ on average.
A: Yes, we have a minimum square footage requirement of 1,600 (heated) square feet or 2,500 for riverfront lots.
A: No. You can purchase your lot and build whenever you are ready.
A: You are more than welcome to use your own builder, but they must first get approved by our Architect Review Committee (ARC). However, we have some great Signature Builders to choose from!
A: Most of the homes in Arlington Place are custom. The floorplans on our website are ideas to get you started. You can use your own plans, but they must be approved by the Architect Review Board (ARB). We do try to keep with a 'country coastal' style.
A: At Arlington Place, our utilities are underground. They include lines for electricity, telephone, Gigabit fiber-optic internet, and city water. Every homesite is on private on-site septic. We have satellite television and propane gas.
A: Mill Creek is about 4 to 6 feet deep with a wind-driven tide.
A: Our rentals are managed by Beth Frazier & Associates Real Estate and Rentals. You can find our cottages on their website.
A: The developer of Arlington Place is Burton Farm Development Company, a division of Boddie-Noell Enterprises. Do some digging on them; we think you'll like what you find! The developer owns Arlington Place free and clear, so there is no fear of being left high and dry!
A: Property taxes are prorated as of the date of closing on a homesite. County and town taxes are at a combined rate of $0.775 per $100 of assessed value. For example, the annual taxes on $100,000 would be approximately $775.
- Use of Burton Village Clubhouse, including the great room, fitness room and kitchen.
- Use of the pool, tennis courts, basketball court, volleyball court and playground.
- Use of the boat ramp and fishing pier.
- Use of the Canoe and Kayak Outfitters Center.
- Option to host private parties at the Outfitters Center and Clubhouse at no charge.
- Use of the dock accessing Mill Creek and the Neuse River at the Outfitters Center.
- Use of the neighborhood kayaks.
- Use of the waterfront parks and beach.
- Docking privileges at the Mill Creek Community Dock (based on availability).
- Use of the walking trails and boardwalk throughout the neighborhood.
- Participation in annual neighborhood events.
- Use of the on-site storage area, which is fenced, gated and locked.
- Also included in your dues: management company fees, amenity insurance, security gates, common area maintenance, amenity building maintenance, street lights, common area utilities, amenity landscaping, pool maintenance and more.
The climate is mild with four well-defined seasons and few extremes. The average annual rainfall is 55 inches and the average annual snowfall is 1 inch. On average, there are 207 sunny days per year in Oriental, North Carolina. The July high is around 89 degrees. The January low is 32. Sperling's comfort index for Oriental is a 72 out of 100, where a higher score indicates a more comfortable year-around climate. The US average for the comfort index is 54. The average temperatures for summer and winter are reported in the table below:
Within 10 miles of Arlington Place:
- Minnesott Beach Ferry
- Minnesott Beach Golf & Country Club
- Camp Seafarer and Camp Seagull
- Pamlico County Community College
- Camp Don Lee
- Camp Caroline
- Intracoastal Waterway
- Oriental, "The Sailing Capital of North Carolina"
- Oriental Harbor Marina
- Croker Festival
- Sailing Regattas
- Farmer's Market
- Fishing Tournaments
- Arapahoe Charter School
- Oriental Old Theater
- Triathlons and 5Ks
- Water Activities: Crabbing, Fishing, Sailing, Kayaking, Canoeing, Boating, Water Skiing, Wake Boarding, Swimming, water Aerobics and More.
Within a half-hour of Arlington Place:
- Historic New Bern
- Tryon Palace
- Twin Rivers Mall
- New Bern Airport
- Carolina East Medical Center
- Numerous Public and Private Golf Courses
- Union Point Park
- Trent River Boating Facilities
- Charter Boats
- Carolina Chamber Music Festival
- Mum Festival
- Colonial Christmas Celebration
- DoubleTree Hotel and Marina
- Farmer's Market
- Birthplace of Pepsi-Cola
- Bellaire Plantation
- Croatan National Forest
- New Bern Convention Center
- Numerous Marinas, Diversified Shopping, Hotels, Museums, Bed & Breakfasts, Sailing and Fishing.
Within an hour of Arlington Place:
- Atlantic Ocean
- Emerald Isle
- Historic Beaufort
- Atlantic Beach
- Morehead City
- Fort Macon
- East Carolina University Pirates with American Athletic Conference Year-Round Sports
- Pine Noell Shores Aquarium
- Big Rock Marlin Tournament
- Pitt Memorial Hospital (Greenville)
- The Sailing of the Tall Ships
- Cape Lookout
- Shackleford Banks
- Morehead Planetarium
- Historic Downtown Little Washington
- Beach Activities: Surfing, Sunbathing, Scuba Diving, Surf Fishing, Pier Fishing and Deep Sea Fishing.
Within a morning's drive of Arlington Place:
- The Outer Banks
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- The University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- Duke University
- Duke University Medical Center
- NC State University
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Oak Island
- Myrtle Beach
- Research Triangle Park
- NC State Capital
- Durham Bulls Baseball
- Norfolk Naval Base
- Carolina Hurricanes Hockey
- Numerous Hospitals, Aquariums, Malls and Airports.