There it is….the light at the end of the tunnel! Well maybe not the very end of the tunnel, but Wednesday sure will be a welcome change from these last few weeks! I’ll take any temp with a 7 in front of it, heck I’ll take anything with a 6 in front of it or even a 5 isn’t looking so bad at this point 🙂
So what’s happening around town?
- Tonight, The Pamlico Musical Society presents The Kaeshammer Trio at Oriental’s Old Theater: Friday, February 27th and the concert begins at 7:30pm.
- Tomorrow (that’s the day with the 3 in front of it) is the Pamlico Community College’s 5th Annual Great Oyster Revival: February 28, 3 – 5 p.m. on the PCC campus, which is just down the street from Arlington Place. Steamed oysters, gourmet chili and live music. They claim on their website “A better time will not be had in the entire western hemisphere. Bring gloves and an oyster knife.”
- Mark your calendars to SPRING forward Sunday, March 8th! Hard to believe that Daylight Savings Time is just about a week away. I totally understand that for some, it’s a lost hour of sleep….but for our family, it’s an extra hour of daylight to be outside. I can say from experience from this winter, the energy of a 4 year old and a 1 year old is not meant to be contained inside a house!
- The Old Theater presents the play, “Love Letters,” on March 13-15, the curtain rises at 7:30pm.
- And coming up on Saturday March 14 is the Oriental Woman’s Club’s 8th Annual Chowder Cookoff on the downtown Oriental waterfront. Here’s the scene from last year’s cookoff, courtesy of TownDock.net: